Amazon Prime Video launched the second season of Comicstaan as the part of Prime Day 2019 celebrations. Biswa Kaylan Rath, Kanan Gill, Kenny Sebastian and Kaneez Surka have return as judges for season two and are joined by Zakir Khan, Neeti Palta and Sumukhi Suresh.
With carefully plotted jokes and quick-witted answers, the show is all set to see 10 contestants being mentored by the judges in each genre every week. With the show already a hit, we have listed down some unknown facts about these ace judges which will surely surprise you :
1. Kanan started comedy in late 2012. Since then, he has created varying content on YouTube, featured in different sketches and videos, toured numerous live shows, has his own stand up special ‘Keep It Real’, ‘Improvisers Something from nothing’ with other comics and ‘Sketchy Behaviour’ with Kenny Sebastian.
2. Zakir’s first, and quite possibly his most popular, set on anecdotal comedy was his set on ‘When I Meet a Delhi girl.’
3. Kaneez Surka started her comedy journey in 2006 with ‘The Week That Wasn’t’, a news satire show and since then has been collaborating with different comedians and has her own YouTube game show ‘The General Fun Game Show.’
4. Neeti won the RAW contest organized in India by the Melbourne Comedy Festival and was then flown to Melbourne to perform for the RAW finals, as an honorary guest. Two years later, she performed in Melbourne for one month, for a show they curated as part of their comedy festival.
5. Sumukhi has been performing live sketches for over 5 years. Sumukhi’s first sketch show was “Sketch in the City” with Richa Kapoor.
6. Biswa has his own stand up special ‘Biswa Mast Aadmi’ and is also the creator of the fiction web series ‘Laakhon Mein Ek’ season 1 & 2.
7. Kenny’s first attempt at alternative comedy was in Bangalore, when he was 19 years old.
Comicstaan is laughter riot with funny jokes, quick-witted dialogues and hilarious memorable moments. The season has already started streaming on Amazon Prime Video Comicstaan Season 2 July 12 th onwards.