There’s a double dhamaka in store for Indians. A long weekend and that too a festive one calls for celebrations. If you are planning to spend some me time with your favourite streaming platforms, TheDigitalHash.com has you covered. We bring to you 10 films that will put you in a celebratory mood right off.
- Badrinath ki Dulhania: Everyone wants a bit of Varun Dhawan in their lives, and it’s better if Alia Bhatt is involved. This romantic-comedy is one of the most well-made and positive films you can watch on the streaming platforms this Diwali.
- Bahubali Franchise: It doesn’t get bigger than this. This is the film that proved that Bollywood, with the right investments, could create spectacles that are equivalent to the big-ticket films that Hollywood does.
- Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge: Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol at their best, with incredible performances by everyone involved. There’s Amrish Puri in a role of a life-time, Anupam Kher in one of his most understated roles – and much more. DDLJ is a film that lives and breathes India and yet accepts the modern times we live in.
- Dhoom Series: The first film was great; the second film is considered the best of the series and the third one was a spectacle hitherto unseen in Bollywood. The Dhoom franchise is the right kind of adventure and thrill you’d want in your life this festive season.
- Ready: Salman Khan and Asin star in this light-hearted, big budget and multi-starcast romantic comedy. Their unique chemistry works wonders in a film that talks about being an Indian. What better film to watch during one of the biggest and brightest festivals?
- Golmaal Returns: This madcap comedy will put you in the mood for all kinds of celebrations right off the bat. With the fourth film out in theaters this festive weekend, it is time for us to catch up with one of the longest running franchises in India.
- Dil Hain Ki Maanta Nahin: An immortal love story that has some of the biggest and best talents. Aamir Khan plays a photographer who’s in a weird relationship with a rich, spoilt brat, played by Pooja Bhatt. Anupam Kher plays the father who wants his daughter married to the best person available.
- Andaz Apna Apna: The immortal comedy with two of the most charismatic actors. This film has not just aged well but has achieved a cult stature today. One of the best films to watch with your friends.
- Tanu Weds Manu: A modern romantic comedy if ever there was one. This is the film that propelled Kangana Ranaut to superstardom and the first step towards her becoming Queen. An intelligent love story – watch this for the laughs, remember it for the emotions.
- Piku: This heartwarming story of a young woman who’s handling a professional life, her personal life and a father who’s suffering from a unique health issue celebrates Indian relationships like few other films.
This is the list of films that we suggest for a great Diwali binge. What do think about this list? Tell us what you think!